DCC COVID-19 NEWS UPDATE #3
Derryfield CC will open for the season on Monday, May 11! It seems like we have been waiting forever to get this news from the state though, with the opening, will come much change. We will be following the guidelines set by the Economic Task Force and Governor’s office. Please take a look at the link to see what guidelines we are required to follow:
Some of the changes you will see at Derryfield CC:
- Please make sure you have a tee time before coming to the course. You may make a tee time online or by calling the pro shop.
- We will have access to the bathrooms downstairs through the pro shop. You will be asked to come in the front door of the shop at the bottom the stairs and exit through the back door (under the deck.) Once you use the facility we ask that you exit promptly out the back doors, no congregating. There will be signs to guide everyone.
- We will be using a portable point of sale on an iPad to help check everyone in safely. There will be very limited access to the pro shop. We will offer drinks and snacks in the shop for take out only. The Derryfield Restaurant will also offer some take out services.
- If you wish, we will have the capability to have your credit card on file. This will allow you to purchase carts or items for your play. We can deliver any items you may request to enjoy your round.
- If you plan on being a regular cart user, I suggest buying a cart plan; that will allow us to check you in quickly and minimize interaction.
- If anyone should need product from the shop, please email me and I can take care of it online and have it ready for you when you arrive at the course.
- Tee Times will start at 7am daily during May and run to June. Jeff may be limited with help at this point and this will give the crew time to get the mowing done.
This week we will be open 9am-4pm Monday through Friday, you can call to schedule your tee time for the following week or you can schedule online. You can also take the opportunity to call us to reserve a cart plan, or request any product orders. Again, the pro-shop still will have limited access, so please call if you have any questions.
You may download a membership online as well as GHIN/Backroom forms. Don’t forget about supporting McDonough Scholarship when you sign up for Backroom dues. We ask if you can take care of the paperwork before opening day, it will make things go much smoother and limit interaction.
I have had some questions about member events that may be coming up. The men’s Member/Member will now take place on May 16 & 17 and be conducted as a 2-person best ball. You will be able to sign up for this event starting on Monday May 4th. Tee times will begin at 8am.
We will be taking names for the Ladies Monday night league this week and this will begin on time (Monday June 15th). I will have more information on the ladies Wednesday league and its start date very soon.
Since many of our events are run with tee-times, I feel confident that we will be able to conduct them as scheduled. Our goal is to make Derryfield and its events as great as always!
I realize this is change for everyone. We will do everything in our power to make your day of golf as great as we can. We appreciate everyone’s patience during this time.
Jen and I want to thank you for all the support and hope you all are staying safe and healthy.
PGA Head Professional